Greensburg & Decatur County Animal Shelter coordinates with a local veterinary clinic, as well as Pets Alive, a Non-Profit Spay/Neuter and Vaccination Clinic in Bloomington, IN for low cost spay and neuter services.
The Spay/Neuter Clinics are as follows:
- TBD Saturdays – Male cats and Male dogs
- 1st Wednesday of each month – Male and Female, cats and dogs
Pre-registration is required as space is limited, and we book up fast! So don’t delay! Come in to fill in an application, and pre-pay (cash or local check only). Registration for the low cost spay/neuter clinic ends a week before the date of the clinic, or when the clinic is completely booked.
Call (812) 663-9081, or stop by the Shelter at: 1635 West Park Road, Greensburg, IN 47240
If you have income restrictions, you may qualify for a voucher from SNSI – Spay-Neutering Services of Indiana. With this voucher, you only pay $20.00 (plus a rabies vaccination if not current). For more information stop by our Shelter or visit – http://www.spayneuterservices.org/our-programs/snap/
Some basic guidelines:
- All animals must be at least 12 weeks old, and weigh 2 lbs or more
- This Clinic does not do surgeries on the following:
- Dogs over 100 lbs
- Cats or dogs over 8 years old
- English Bulldogs
- Dobermans (if a scratch test reveals a bleeding disorder)
- They do not declaw cats